Cypher: a method of transforming context in order to reveal its true meaning
Cypher was started to give both clients and translators a better option. With extensive industry experience, we knew what worked and more importantly, what could be improved to better meet client needs. We provide flexibility, faster and accurate communication, and competitive rates for every client no matter the size of their project or account.
Our translators and editors work hard to make sure the message and the tone of each project is translated well, and they deserve a great experience too. Ultimately, they make all this possible.
What makes us different?
Our personalized approach to your business:
- We provide one-on-one personal support for every project.
- We strive to partner with your business, working transparently to foster a culture of trust and fairness.
- Fast, accurate and customizable solutions that save you time, money, and stress.
Twenty years of industry experience:
- We have built strong relationships with experienced linguists who work in over 250 languages across a variety of industries.
- Our translators are native level linguists with advanced degrees, therefore we can translate complex technical information effectively ensuring the meaning and intention is correct.
- We know what it takes to get the job done right so you receive a competitive rate.
Fast and Accurate
We are there when you need us. 24/7. 365 days of the year. We have developed a process that is easy to initiate and replicate to address your rapid (or last minute) deadlines. Every project is assigned an editor to provide oversight, ensuring that your project is both technically accurate and meets your project goals.
Whether your project is large or small, we guarantee the highest standards of excellence and quality. Our goal is to listen carefully, respond quickly, communicate proactively, and meet every deadline. You will always know where you stand and can rely on us to get the job done right the first time.
Cypher has the capacity to secure linguists in over 250 languages and dialects across various industries. This allows us to scale up if a project demands it and meet your project requirements. We commonly start by completing small projects for a client and build over time. For every client we are able to work on multiple documents and projects simultaneously.
One size solutions do not fit all. Our certified translators are based nationally and internationally with specialties across a variety of industries. We personally select the linguist to fit your distinct project goals so you receive what you need, when you need it, regardless of the complexity.
Why do I need to work with a professional translator?
A professional translator has significant education, technical training and experience. Simply speaking a language is typically not sufficient for many government or business related translation needs. A professional translator understands both specialized industry characteristics and has the ability to communicate within local language and cultural contexts.
Does Cypher charge for project quotes?
No. Quotes and estimates are always provided free of charge regardless of the size of the project. To request a quote at no cost, please contact us here.
What languages does Cypher work in?
We work in over 250 languages. Our strong global partnerships have been key to building a network of professionals that work in rare languages and dialects. We are proud to say that we have never had to turn away a project because we could not find a professional linguist to work with.
What is your quality assurance process?
- We only work with translators who are validated experts in their specific field. By requiring this level of expertise, we know that our translators have the knowledge to translate specific subject matter correctly.
- Every translation is independently reviewed and edited by a second linguist with the same level of educational qualifications as the translator. This is always provided free of charge for every project.
- We will always provide translated documents in the identical format as the source document file.
- We can provide a certificate of translation for any project at no extra cost.
What industries does Cypher work in?
We have partnerships with hundreds of language professionals with expertise in many areas. We primarily work in, but are not limited to, the following industries:
- Construction and Manufacturing
- Hospitality and Food Services
- Business and Trade
- Finance and Insurance
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Information Services
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
We have partnerships with hundreds of language professionals with expertise in medical & life sciences, software, hardware, non-profit, legal, manufacturing, insurance, engineering, and more
What other services/products does Cypher offer?
We offer a variety of language services including:
- Translation: Translation is the process of taking written text from a source language and translating that text into a target language.
- Localization: Linguistically and culturally appropriate translation including idioms, slang, text length, left-to-right writing, symbolic images, local social proofing, numeric differences, cultural preferences, and context.
- Transcription: Conversion of audio file or speech to written text
- Desktop publishing: The arrangement of text and/or images to enable a document to mirror the intent of an original source language document.
- Video subtitling: Converting the speech heard in a video file into text and synchronizing and displaying the translated text on the video image.
- Transcreation: Adapting a message from a source language into a target language to maintain intent, style, tone, and context when there is no direct translation for a word or phrase. This often includes the creation of new terminology to be localized for a specific market and/or region.
- Legal Translation: For legal translation we offer back-translation to further validate the accuracy of the translated documents. In back-translation, the translated document is assigned to an independent linguist to be translated back into the source language. Your original file can then be reviewed in a side-by-side format with the back-translated material to ensure complete accuracy.
What is the difference between a translator and an interpreter?
These terms are often used interchangeably, but in our industry there is a distinct difference.
Translators take written text from a source language and translate that text into a target language.
At Cypher, when we match a translator to a project we look for linguists with expertise in the required subject matter, native level comprehension of both the source language and the target language, and cultural familiarity of both the region or country where the text originated from as well as the region or country where the target language is spoken.
Interpreters work in spoken language. An interpreter must be able to interpret in both the source and target language, on the spot without using a dictionary or other supplemental reference material. This is a skill developed over time and often takes years of dedication to perfect.
How long will my project take to be translated?
Depending on the subject matter and project complexity, you can expect the translation of approximately 2,000 to 2,500 words per day. While we always prefer to have a single team of translator and editor for consistency throughout a project, in the case of large projects with short deadlines, we can divide the total number of words to translate into several translator/editor teams to meet your specific deadline.